Take a Break
Your lunch break can be an important time to recharge and refocus during a busy workday. However, it can be easy to fall into the trap of mindlessly scrolling through social media or eating lunch at your desk. Here are a few things you can do instead on to make the most of this valuable time:
- Get some fresh Tahoe air: One of the best things you can do on your lunch break, or on any break during the work day, is to step outside and get some fresh air. Taking a short walk to Nevada Beach or along the forest paths surrounding Untethered, or just sitting in the sunshine at a table in our back patio area can help boost your mood, clear your mind, and increase your energy levels. Even if you only have a few minutes, getting outside can make a big difference in how you feel for the rest of the day.
- Read a book or listen to a podcast: Another great way to use your lunch break is to read a book or listen to a podcast. This can be a great way to learn something new, expand your knowledge, or just escape from the stresses of work for a little while. If you're short on time, consider reading an article or listening to a short podcast episode.
- Connect with coworkers: Your lunch break can also be a great time to connect with other coworkers and build relationships. Whether you grab lunch with someone or simply strike up a conversation in the kitchen while grabbing your food, building personal connections can help create a more positive and supportive work environment.
- Practice mindfulness: Taking a few minutes to practice mindfulness on your lunch break can help reduce stress and increase focus. Whether you try a simple breathing exercise, do a guided meditation, or simply sit quietly and focus on your breath, mindfulness can help you stay calm and centered for the rest of the day.
- Run a quick errand: Finally, your lunch break can be a great time to run a quick errand or take care of a personal task. Whether you need to pick up groceries across the parking lot at Safeway, make a phone call, visit the gym for a workout, or schedule a doctor's appointment, taking care of these tasks during your lunch break can help free up valuable family and personal time in the evenings and weekends.
Your lunch break can be a valuable time to recharge and refocus during a busy workday. By stepping outside, reading a book, connecting with others, practicing mindfulness, or taking care of personal tasks, you can make the most of this valuable time and return to work feeling refreshed and energized.